Friday, March 15, 2013

Thoughts on the Hoffman Challenge

Like many other quilt shows, the NJ Quilt Expo hosted the 2012 Hoffman Challenge. I can't really say I'm a fan of the fabric requirement. I've seen the fabric at two other shows and have not really gravitated towards any of the pieces, however I found one that really struck me this time. Perhaps it is because my mother is a survivor, or maybe it was just the way that the quilt looked sophisticated and feminine. I don't know who made this... (I really need to do better in the future of taking photos of the info sheets), but I just love it. Everything was right... the color choices, the use of beading and 3D elements in parts, the placement of the flowers, and the words "Life is beautiful" and "fight for a cure" quilted on to the piece. By far, this was my favorite from this collection at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!