Monday, March 18, 2013

Thank heaven no one ever sees the inside of a quilt!

I know you all know what I'm talking about!

I designated the school's auction quilt to be my March project for A Lovely Year of Finishes over at Sew BitterSweet Designs. I'm pleased to announce that I have gotten all of the blocks in and sewn together the top almost entirely (still need to add the final border).

So here it is. I'm really proud. I've put this top together twice now, and have ripped out more seams than I can remember. The trouble I was having was that some of the blocks have embroidery (and other stuff like suede strapping and french knots and things) that runs into the seam allowances wreaking havoc on perfectly straight seams. All in all, to the naked eye it looks pretty even, with only a couple of areas that are slightly off, despite the fact that the quilt is 3/4 of an inch bigger along the top than across the bottom. Shhhhh, that's our secret... got it!

And now, for the winner of my McCall's Pattern Giveaway: Congrats Carmen N.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!