Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Skill Building Commencing

Pile O' Fabric

So, for some crazy reason, I decided to join another BOM over at Pile O' Fabric. It's a skill builder which is perfect, and beyond that, it is a quilt as you go, which is even more awesome! The only problem is that I'm a little torn about starting it. I have soooo much on my plate, but at the same time these things are a really nice escape for me. Since it is a free block of the month I figure I will, at the very least, read all the instructions, try out a couple of new techniques, and then go from there.

Knowing that I needed a butt load (yes, that is the technical term) of fabric for this quilt along, I stopped at my local JoAnn's since they are getting ready to close at the end of the month. Their  sales were crazy-- nearly all their fabrics were 75% off-- so I took some time to find some stuff that worked. I honestly can't decide if I love or hate my selections, and I suspect I won't be able to tell until after I start assembling, but at least if I hate it the fabric didn't set me back too much... :o)

Here are my selections. I'd love to hear what people think... for better or worse!

1 comment:

  1. I think those are great fabrics. Very versatile too if there is any left over. Good choices!

    Don't get to overwhelmed. It is still early in the game. The beautiful thing about a BOM, is that if you get behind a little, you have a bunch of time to regroup and catch up. (Clearly, I already think I need that!)

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!