Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Nappy Quilt for Diva

So, I know I promised my husband I wouldn't start any new projects after Little Loo arrived. I mean, a new baby plus a toddler keeps me busy enough, nevermind the laundry, the cooking, and just making sure the house doesn't look like a total warzone. Buuuuuutttttt... I called Diva's school yesterday to see what school supplies a 3 year old might need and was told she needed a blanket for nap time.Well, of course I wanted to make her one! And I even had the perfect fabric to do it.

A few months ago I went to a quilt show in Lancaster with a friend of my mother-in-law's. While I was there I picked up some of the Robert Kaufman Cat in the Hat fabric. It was so adorable, and I had had my eye on it for quite some time. I always figured I would make a quilt with it and keep it around for when someone close to me had a baby... whenever that might be. But really, what would be better for nap time at school than the Cat in the Hat! Anyway, here is a photo of the backing. I love the panel because around the Cat is the entire story written out is a nice blue text. More to come, and soon. Diva starts school on September 4th! Yikes! I hope I can get it done in time.

I have to say, it was so exciting cutting into the fresh fabric. And naturally, in my excitement I just dove right in. I finished the backing last night... I know, I know, way to do things bass ackwards... but it was the only way I was going to be able to get an idea of the dimensions for the front. Here I go again without a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!