Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Philadelphia National Quilt Extravaganza

Wow. I was totally unprepared for how much my schedule would get messed up from school starting, since this was Diva's first time ever at school. All the meetings and breakfasts, and then throw in Little Loo's Christening-- oh man.

Despite all of the uber exciting things that happened over the last week or so, I'm going to skip ahead to the quilt show I went to. Don't worry, I'm still planning on posting photos of the cake I made for Little Loo's Christening... just not today.

Anyway, yesterday The Tailor and I went to the Philadelphia National Quilt Extravaganza in Oaks, PA. It was a great show. They had some amazing display pieces, as well as some great products for sale.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera-- major fail-- and my phone batter was too low to use for photos too-- double fail-- which was truly unfortunate because they had some really beautiful quilts on display from countries all around the world.  I loved watching The Tailor examine every quilt she came upon to see if she gave it her nod of approval. I would show you some of the ones that passed the test, but again, I didn't have a camera.

After checking out all of the quilts we moved onto the vendor section of the show. I found this great fabric panel Today's Paper Doll by Sibling Arts Studio. Each doll is about 10" tall. I also picked up some of the fabric with the extra outfits on it so that the dolls will have a change of clothes!







I had seen this quilt a while back, and always wanted to make it, but I was told the fabric had been discontinued. So when I saw this, I GRABBED it! I may actually pick up another set to make an auction item for Diva's school auction in April.

Despite how happy I was with my fabric find, I was even more excited to be able to try out the HQ Sweet Sixteen while I was at the show. And let me tell you something... I'm in love. And mark my words, it will be mine. I'm giving it until the end of the year, but more likely much sooner. I love it and it is amazing. I tried it out with and without the stitch regulator and it worked wonderfully both ways. I love how compact it is, yet how accommodating it would be for a full size quilt. It was sooo smooth and every stitch came out perfect-- no pulling, no loops... perfect!

The Tailor wanted me to buy it on the spot, but seeing as how the machine costs a few grand, I thought it would be best to not just charge the plastic without a second thought... even though I wanted to. The Tailor is a terrible, wonderful influence. She is bound to get me into trouble and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!