Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Finish

Wow. This month was quite the whirlwind with everything going on! But I did manage to finish what I had set out to do. The taggie baby quilt for my friends baby shower (taking place this weekend) was finished yesterday, just in the nick of time!! Without further ado, here it is.

I used charm packs from Riley Blake's Willow collection and taggies in a bright yellow. For the first time ever, I tried the disappearing 9 patch. Considering the fact that I was sooo rushed on this, I think it came out really cute. I also used a satin blanket binding, which I had never done before either. It really gives it an extra baby quality, and the texture is a nice change too. 

I also tried a new quilting technique with this quilt, and was able to quilt hearts all over it. I love love love the way it came out. I only wish I had put even more on there.

Linking up with: (see sidebar for links)
TGIFF
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop
2013 NewFO Project
A Lovely Year of Finishes (apparently I'm a day late for this one! Oops!)


3 comments:

  1. Oh good for you trying out that new technique. Thanks for linking up and giving us a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hearts on your baby quilt. Congratulations on trying new things. I'm always afraid to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love satin edging on baby quilts! The quilted hearts are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!